BBnet is a rapidly growing telecommunications provider based in Shannon, Co. Clare. We utilise the latest in fibre and fixed wireless technologies to provide services to our growing business and residential customer base. We are currently expanding our team of Field Service Technicians, to be based at our Shannon office.
Reporting to the General Manager, the main requirements of the role are as follows:
- Survey residential and commercial premises in our fixed wireless coverage areas.
- Install and commission BBnet’s range of fixed wireless services.
- Undertake service calls/upgrade calls as required.
- Liaise with customers while working to a tight deadline.
- Installation of wireless network equipment.
- Liaise and communicate with other team members to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Documentation of work via the installer APP.
- Be flexible on location and out of hours work. Some travel and overnight work may be required.
- Basic knowledge of data communications
- Good literacy, numeric and IT Skills
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office ( Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Ability to logically troubleshoot power, radio and basic networking issues.
- Installation experience in radio equipment, satellite TV, wireless broadband either business or residential
- Working at heights, Climber/Rigging and safe pass qualifications would be an advantage, however full training will be provided.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and act independently, whilst being able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Exposure to wireless broadband or IP based networks an advantage
- Work as part of a emergency callout team on a rota basis.
- Full, clean driving licence.
- Willingness to undertake MEWP, tower climbing / rescue and working at heights training.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Benefits: Competitive package including Company Vehicle, Expenses, laptop, mobile phone. Ongoing training and education.