- As a licensed telecommunications provider, BBnet has been designated an essential service provider and as such, we will continue to operate as normal.
- The majority of our sales, support and accounts teams are now working remotely, in line with current guidelines.
- There is no change to our current contact details or opening hours.
- Our office in Shannon is now closed for collections or payments. Deliveries to customers are by courier only.
- We have already ensured that our staff and any contractors have been provided with documentation that confirms our status as an essential service. This will ensure that our staff, as well as the staff of our contractors, will be able to travel for operational reasons.
- For work that requires a BBnet employee to visit a site or a customer premises, BBnet are prioritizing network issues, service calls and existing customer upgrades, in that order.
Should customers wish to place orders, we are continuing to accept them, Where we can, new services and upgrades are delivered remotely and we will continue to do so where possible.
However, for work that requires a BBnet employee to visit a site or a customer premises, BBnet are prioritizing network issues, service calls and existing customer upgrades, in that order.
New installations will continue where it is safe to do so, however, orders from emergency or frontline workers, health facilities or customers with an urgent need will be prioritized above other orders. This may cause some delays for delivery of new services so please bear with us.
For works that require a site visit to a customer premises (service call / install / upgrade), customers should note the following :
- When scheduling works, BBnet will ask a number of questions before confirming the visit with you. This will include questions around COVID19, people who have recently travelled or at risk people in the building. If there is deemed to be any risk to you the customer, or BBnet employees the work will not proceed. This is in the interest of everyone’s safety.
- Should work be scheduled at your premises, BBnet require that our staff have a single direct point of contact within the premises for the duration of the work. The nominated person must be over 18 and be in a position to ensure social distancing is maintained throughout the works.
- BBnet personnel will carry out a risk assessment on site, before proceeding with any work. Should a risk to the customer or to a BBnet employee be identified as part of that process, the work will not be allowed to proceed.
- At all times during work, social distancing of 2 meters should be maintained between you and our employee. BBnet employees have the right at any point during a visit, to suspend work if a risk is identified that may cause harm or put at risk a customer, their family or colleagues or a BBnet employee. Like wise, a customer can also ask for work to be suspended if they feel at risk at any point during the process.
- To maintain social distance, customers are not currently being asked to sign contracts or direct debit mandates in the normal fashion. Once you indicate you would like to activate a service with BBnet, you will be asked to complete an online form to indicate how you would like receive your contract. this can be done by post or email which needs to be returned to BBnet. You will also receive a copy of this to the nominated email address.
- All of our employees that may have reason to visit a customer site, have been supplied with face masks, disposable gloves, hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes which they will use at all times while on your premises. Any surface or equipment the installer may use or touch during their visit will be cleaned on completion of the work.
Working from Home or running a business
If you are a business or a customer who now finds themselves working from home, and you need a faster package, or solutions for your voice or video requirements, please talk to our sales team and we can advise or offer solutions to help in that regard. They can advise you on your connectivity options and solutions available using our partners such as GoTo and Logmein.
BBnet will continue to monitor current guidelines and developments around Covid 19 and will update when or if the situation changes.
More information on Covid-19 at the below links :
WHO – https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public